It’s nearly September, and that means Thunderbirds Day is coming up! Every 30 SEPTEMBER, Thunderbirds Day marks the anniversary of when the series first aired in the UK in 1965!
This year, you’ll be able to catch a one-off live Thunderbirds Day stream on the Century 21 Films YouTube channel, running on 30 September, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. until midnight, and then again the following weekend (5 & 6 October) at the same times. The live stream will include brand new Thunderbirds Supermarionation content, with three further mini-albums being adapted to celebrate the occasion. This will also include a rare chance to see the anniversary specials produced by Century 21 Films in association with ITV to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
The live-stream schedule will include the following content, on a loop between the times specified above:
· Introducing Thunderbirds (50th anniversary special episode)
· Gerry Anderson Interview (Gerry discusses how Thunderbirds was created)
· NEW: Trapped in the Sky (Scott Tracy narrates International Rescue’s first operation)
· The Abominable Snowman (50th anniversary special episode)
· Century 21 Slough (Documentary: Original crew members visit the old Thunderbirds studios on the eve of their demolition)
· NEW: End of the Road (Brains narrates the story of another International Rescue operation)
· Doug Luke Interview (Century 21 stills photographer Doug Luke discusses his time working on the Supermarionation productions)
· Mike Trim Interview (Mike Trim discusses his time working at Century 21 and on Thunderbirds)
· The Stately Homes Robberies (50th anniversary special episode)
· Thunderbirds 1965 (Documentary: The crew of the 50th anniversary specials discuss the behind the scenes process)
· NEW: Vault of Death (Lady Penelope tells of the time International Rescue was called to rescue a man trapped in the vault of the Bank of England)
PLUS: newly produced interstitials and idents featuring the craft and characters from Thunderbirds and rare archive footage.